Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This one's pretty long so I won't be offended if you don't read all of it.

I'm sleeping in a sleeping bag for the third night in a row. The night before these three I just wrapped the uncovered duvet around me! There's something about putting new sheets and stuff on that I just find too tedious and easy to avoid...

I need my Jade back!

If I haven't told you the story before, here it is. So it was the same situation... My sheets had been removed, but putting the new bedding on was too much of a task so I just left it. J dog knew the sitch and thought I was pathetic as you'd expect. Then one day she was round and I was lying slovenly-like on the couch and I called out to her to ask her to fix my bed. Next minute, Jade walks up past the lounge to my bedroom, a new set of bedding in her hands.

What a saint aye! Yeah she's tops.

Your tops Jade. I know you read this. My stats show readings from Columbia, so you're pretty well caught. Kudos buddy. Now come home!

---------------

So today I was having a fairly melancholic day. I was quiet, listening to my 108 Radiohead songs, working my 3rd 8 1/2hr shift of the week just making the same model, reading Ecclesiastes (a book in the Bible that repeatedly tells me things are meaningless), as well as a book which tells me how broken I am, along with the rest of this world...

It was nice though. I find there's some joy to be had in melancholy. Just being pensive and thinking about things. I like doing that from time to time.

I love how people get a shock that I can listen to such 'depressing' music yet always be so joyful and energetic. No, I'm not always that way, but I am a lot of the time. I guess I'm usually pretty stoked with life.

-------------

The joyful melancholy turned to genuine guttedness when I saw the news at 5 though. 29 men lost to families and communities that need them... I walked home a bit on the brink. It actually felt good that I was feeling that way about something that wouldn't normally have bothered me too much. But man... So so sad. Confusing too. So many people (hundreds of thousands I reckon, maybe even millions) were praying for those men and the rescuers; praying for a miracle. But things only got worse... The camera broke down... The hole took a long time to drill... Their was a second unsurvivable blast... Sometimes you can't help but question God and ask him what he's doing. Of course I don't blame him for what happened. We live in a broken world where tragedy is a part of life. It won't be in heaven which is a relief. But here it's just pain after pain sometimes... Sometimes I find myself questioning God's fairness, but then I'm reminded of Job: everything went wrong for him as the devil made many terrible things happen to him, and when Job asked God why he hadn't rescued his humble servant, God basically said 'Who am I? What have I done? Yeah, that's right. I'm God. Don't forget it.' God's God. Who are we to understand his decisions. We're just humans who can't even add a day to our lives. It's not my place to judge my creator. I just have to trust him, and sometimes accept things that are hard to accept.

No comments: