Glad we're happy then! So how have we been? What have we been up to? Working? Studying? Yes, yes of course. Well just working personally, taking a gap year from the studies you see. Oh I see! Yes, but I am studying a bit for this sermon I'm giving on Sunday... Oh... Like at church? Yeah! So you're a Christian are you? Oh that's cool ah aaaaahhh seen any movies lately? Saw Black Swan on Saturday actually. Any good? Well at first I was quite miffed to be frank. *Elliot. No it's an express... Never mind. It was a very odd movie, and certainly disgusting in many ways. Well sexually and violently. Intense seems to be the buzzword people use in describing this film, and I'd have to agree! It didn't really let up the entire movie! It felt a lot longer than it actually was. But flip it was good. It was one of those movies that you keep thinking about afterwards, and things start to make more sense, and the whole story seems to fall into place and you start to think of it as much better than you remember it being during the experience! I like those. There Will Be Blood was another movie like that for me. At the time, confusing and inconclusive, but afterwards, breathtakingly brilliant! Actually, the last couple of scenes of Black Swan were that in the experience. The final dance scene was stunning. It's all I can think of. The music. The filming. The costumes. The climax of the plot. The acting. The dancing. The lighting. It was all magnificent. It was such a catharsis of awesome that I had to force myself not to tear up, because I certainly was not going to cry in a ballet movie! I've talked it up a lot, but don't go into this movie naively, it was incredibly graphic and INTENSE. Oh thanks for the heads up! No probs bruh. Check this out. It's the first part of her black swan dance. The second part's the best but not online, so this is a teaser.
I did actually cry later on. I was at a 21st. The situation was actually quite hilarious: I was sitting with my friends Antoni and Robmcstay, and we had a fake cry-off. I won. Twice. It was so hard because we kept cracking up: knowing that people would see three guys looking intensely at a spot with incredibly hard-broken expressions trying to cry at a 21st party was to us hilarious.
But seriously, that was a melancholic day. Seeing that movie made me realise just how corrupted a lot of people actually are in this world. And when I got home I lay on my bed reading the Herald online. Earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Christchurch victims named. 16 dead in a mine accident in China. Another 16 in China killed in a bus accident... I went to sleep at 6 in the late afternoon feeling rather glum, and woke at 8.30, somewhat confused for the party. This ain't a too cherry world when you look close enough, and sometimes it's screamingly obvious. I shouldn't forget that.
Cool story bro...
1 comment:
I watched THere Will Be Blood expecting a lot since DDLewis was on it... and JGreenwood did the music.
99% of the movie was boring! Only the last scene was worth it for me.
Post a Comment