Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Uplifting flat days

So brilliant:


The K Bar clip's even better!

---------------------------------

So I'm flatting now and it's pretty great. Last night was my fourth there. I'm nearly completely moved in. My room's a bit of a shambles, things boxed up and all over the floor, but I'm quite excited about sorting it all! I've always loved rearranging my room and making everything fit well and organising it. I remember as a kid taking all my books and things off my shelves and completely covering the floor with their mess, so that I could put them all back on, nicely rearranged! It's just difficult to find the time for it all at the moment but it's all good.

I made my first dinner there last night after youth group. Tortillas. Started cooking them at 10.30! I'm glad I did though, as the alternative was Mi Goreng, which I had already had a pack of for lunch. Much more satisfying having cooked a proper first meal instead. I even had one left over for lunch so I impressed all the girls in the cafe with my creation! Haha. I'm thinking pesto chicken on orange flavored cous cous for my next one! Hooow am I still single right?!

Probably because I say things like that ;)

Besides cooking, this flatting business is growing me up pretty quick I think. I took on the power account today which was big and scary. Going shopping yesterday morning and spending $130 on groceries was also a bit of a wake up! Finally I'm entering the 'real world' I've heard so much about... It's exciting! A little daunting, but new and thrilling too.

----------------------------

My week without Facebook finished today. It wasn't all that difficult with all this moving going on, but there were still times when I felt a bit empty without it, kind of like I was fasting or something. It's a disappointing thing to check Gmail after a day and find nothing waiting there for me, or seeing my blog stats go down so dramatically, because my Facebook viewers can't click the link! It was definitely good though, I'm glad I tested it. I think I will use Facebook much less needily now. I hope so at least...

Anyway, got to keep busy so I will keep posting when I can! No internet at the flat yet so good excuse to come home, and enjoy mum's muffins while I'm at it!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Welcome back to the world of technology.. its great to see things are going so well for you.

AshLow said...

this post is pure AWESOME.

Laban said...

YOU did a week without fb too! We need to high five or something.
Tortilla's rock. So simple to make, but it sounds like you went gourmet on that thing!